The goal for the Alta Vista renovation was to create more living space for a growing family while keeping the rental suite separate, as well as to update the house to modern styles.
The first goal regarding more space for a family was created by the addition on the rear of the house which also included a basement. The basement was not accessible from the rental suite and it created a large open area for the family. The drive-through garage was built large enough to solve any storage challenge.
The house was updated to meet modern styles through the beautiful hardwood, updated kitchen, functional and bright laundry room, gorgeous bathrooms including patterned tiles and a stand-alone large tub, and a modern paint selection.
- Waterfall kitchen counters
- Curb-less shower
- Large, detached drive-through garage
- Bright and functional laundry room
- Beautiful and unique patterned floor and wall tiles for bathrooms
- Curb appeal with neutral tones complimented with unique wood accents
The purpose of the Geneva project was to open up the kitchen and dining room area to create one brightly lit room with proper flow. The style was minimalistic with accents of unique and beautiful features. Additionally, the exterior was updated with a new back porch and fence to make the outdoor space functional and enjoyable.
- Modern, open and bright kitchen + dining area
- Butcher block counter tops
- Herringbone kitchen tiles
- Mudroom made functional with additional storage and updates
- Reconfiguring the floor plan to re-direct hallway traffic and maximize kitchen space
Kitchen - 5 weeks
Bathroom - 6 weeks
The goal for the kitchen renovation was to remove the non-functional walk-in pantry and in its place create a desk and pantry cupboard. A further goal was to also relocate a wall-oven and fridge to be more strategic functionally and aesthetically.
The purpose of the bathroom renovation was to update the room all while creating a unique, beautiful space for personal use and re-sale value.
- Re-levelng bathroom floor
- Heated abthroom floor
- Curbless shower floor
- Custom mouldings to match existing mouldings
- Custom kitchen cabinets to accommodate open style pantry
- Custom built-in wall niches for towels and shower products
The Boake Basement Renovation Project was completed to achieve additional space in the family home. The purpose was to create a space where the children could play, and the room could accommodate them as they grew. A complete bathroom was included to increase re-sale value and to further accommodate their growing family needs.
- Complete three-piece bathroom
- Pot-lights throughout to increase lighting
- Laminate flooring - practical for playrooms to clean and withstand use
- Included railing rather than wall in stairway to open up space and increase natural lighting
The purpose of the Java Addition Renovation Project was to achieve a fourth bedroom complete with a four-piece ensuite bathroom. This brought the second floor to two complete four-piece bathrooms. Rather than reconfiguring precious current space, the renovation was added above the first floor addition to increase and maximize square footage.
- Matched current style of home
- Added square footage of usable house space
- Marble shower
- Siding on first floor addition was redone to match second story
3 - 4 months
The Mayfair Addition Project was create to increase space and include more natural light. The project vision was to create an indoor oasis that smoothly blended with the backyard.
- 16 x 16 addition (with basement) to create sun-room affect with large windows
- New hardwood floors
- Large bright windows on south & west side of house
- Custom interior & exterior finishings to match existing home
- Fantastic breeze in summer & passive heat in winter
- Does not disrupt flow of backyard
The Fifth House Gut & Restore Renovation Project was completed to restore a 100 year-old family home. Long standing issues with foundation, heating, cracked plumbing stack and more were corrected. A new porch was added for additional outdoor space. The project was a complete gut from the basement to the second floor, with the goal to keep history with a contemporary twist.
- Cribbed house & new foundation poured
- 8 foot basement including secondary dwelling with walk-out
- Fully removed first floor to install new floor joists & subfloor (original was compromised due to age)
- New bathrooms
- New walnut kitchen
- Custom railings & stairs to match kitchen
- Curbless marble shower
- Heated floor in bathroom & front entrance
- Outdoor space added with new porch - highly sought after in downtown market
- Custom trim to match style of home
Copyright © 2019 OTG Construction - All Rights Reserved.